Prerequisites1. Windows, Mac or Linux operating system or virtual machine
2. A recent version of JDK installed. Verify by executing 'java -version' on the command line.
InstallationDownload the latest jenkins.war file from http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war/latest/jenkins.war
Startup1. Start Jenkins as a java app by executing 'java -jar jenkins.war' (In Windows, you may need to open command prompt as admin)
2. A message stating 'Jenkins is fully up and running' shows up eventually.
Access the front endOpen http://localhost:8080 in a browser and you should see the front page of Jenkins. Authentication is disabled by default.
Create your first Jenkins job
1. Click on 'New Item' on the list of links on the left.
4. echo "Hello World!" and click save
5. Build now - to run the job
6. First successful build - click on the blue icon next to #1 under 'Build History'
7. Verify the output
You've just built your first Jenkins job!